【2019/20 Year-End Operating Hours】New reservations accepted via only email between 2019/12/30 - 2020/01/03×
- How do I make a reservation?
We accept reservations up to 6 months in advance. Reservations can be made via the following methods:
1. Send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Make a reservation via our website
3. Call us directly at +81-76-205-3481 (available Mon-Sun from 9:00 to 19:00 JST)
- What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation of any reservation made with SAIK may be subject to a cancellation fee:
*Guests will be responsible for any transaction fees involved in the receiving and returning of payment
|No show / Check-in Date||100%|
|1 day to 7 days prior to Check-in Date||50%|
|8 days to 28 days prior to Check-in Date||30%|
|29 or more days prior to Check-in Date||Full Refund minus transaction fee|
- How can I make the payment?
We ask for payment upon arrival.
Payment can be made via cash or Credit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD/JCB only).
All the payment will be made in Japanese Yen.
- May I make a reservation on behalf of another guest?
Yes. When making your reservation, please let us know the name of the guest who will be staying, as well as the guests' contact number and email address.
If another guest will be making the payment, please ensure all guests are aware of reservation details.
- Does the rate include tax and service charge?
- Yes. All rates shown on our webpage include 8% consumption tax (incl. sales tax, VAT, excise duty, etc.) and service fees.
- Is the SAIK guest house suitable for the elderly?
Yes. There are no age restrictions for guests staying with SAIK.
However, please note that SAIK is renovated, traditional Japanese property.
There are 2 rooms located on the 1st Floor: 1) Garden View Room (offers Western-style bedding and Japanese futon bedding), and 2) Garden View Deluxe Room (offers Western-Style bedding).
Our 2 Rooms located on the 2nd Floor are: 1) Japanese room (Japanese futon bedding only), and 2) Japanese Deluxe Room (Japanese futon bedding only).
If you are looking for a room with specific requirements (i.e. dining table and chairs, Western-style bedding, etc.), please feel free to contact our friendly staff via email or telephone.
While we do our best to cater to all guest requests, we thank you for your understanding that some requests for adjustments cannot be met.
- Is the house suitable for children?
Yes.There are no age restrictions for guests staying with SAIK.
Children under the age of 5 may stay share a bed with another guest with no additional charge. In this case, please process the guest as "0" when making your reservation.
Please be aware that due to the traditional layout of the houses we may not be able to make adjustments for child-proofing.
- Can we have more than the maximum number of guests in one machiya house?
- Unfortunately, due to the Japanese Fire Service Act issued by the Kanazawa City government, we are unable to accept more than the maximum number of guests indicated under each property.
- Can I change the number of guests after making a reservation?
- Yes. You may change the number of guests up to 2 days prior to your check-in date.
- May I send my luggage to SAIK before my check-in?
Yes. If you would like to send your luggage to Kanazawa before your arrival, please send it to SAIK directly.
Address in Japanese:
Address in English:
2-3-10 Nomachi Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa-ken 921-8031
SAIK is not responsible for any item lost or damaged during the transportation of luggage.
Items that are not included for this service:
① Items that are 2m long, or weigh over 30kg
② Items that are over 2m in total for the width, height and depth
③ Expensive or fragile items, animals, decomposable items
④ Cardboard boxes (any item other than a suitcase OR backpack)
⑤ Baby strollers, items with umbrellas attached, items with other bags attached
⑥ Items that are difficult to handle
SAIK is not responsible for any item lost or damaged during the transportation of luggage
Payment is accepted in CASH ONLY. Please kindly make your payment upon check-in.
Please contact us in advance by e-mail or a phone call , if you would like to send your luggage.
- What time is check in/check out?
- How do I collect the key for my room?
We will hand you the room key upon check-in at our reception desk.
Please kindly check your confirmation email sent to you by SAIK prior to your arrival.
- How do I check in?
Check-in will be available at our SAIK reception desk between 9:00am-19:00pm.
More detailed instructions will be sent after your reservation is confirmed. If you will be arriving after 19:00, please inform our staff via email@example.com prior to your arrival.
- Is Yukata provided?
- Yes, yukata are provided for all guests staying at SAIK.
- How many children can stay without any charge?
- We allow any children under the age of 5 to stay for free (when sharing a bedding with another guest). We allow up to the same number of adults.
- Are meals included?
We will be able to provide you the breakfast with an additional 1200 yen/per person.
Please choose the room plan that includes breakfast if you are interested.
For assistance regarding restaurant recommendations, or making restaurants reservations (for dinner or lunch),
please email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can we bring pets?
- We do not allow pets inside our property.
- What type of kitchen facilities are there?
- There is an on-site kitchen located on the 1st Floor, which all guests are allowed to use. Basic kitchen necessities will be provided: cooking utensils, crockery ,seasoning, etc.
- What amenities are included?
- Towels, linen, bathroom amenities, and more are all included in your stay.
For details on amenities, please check our rooms page.
- Can we get in touch if we have any problems during our stay?
- Yes. Our staff member will be at the reception between 9:00 - 19:00. After reception hours, there will be a phone at the front reception desk that guests may use to contact our staff for any issues or emergencies.
Should you have any problems or questions during your stay, you may use this phone to contact a member of staff on our emergency number which is available 24 hours/day.
- Are there any restrictions on noise in the house?
- No parties or events are allowed inside SAIK at any time.
As SAIK is traditional, wooden structure, noise tends to echo more than usual. Additionally, as SAIK is located in a residential area, close to surrounding neighbours, we respectfully ask you to take care particularly when talking in the entrance or outside the house.
- Do you have any car parking space?
SAIK does not have a private car park.
However, we do offer you discount tickets of 500 yen/per night for the nearest public parking lots.
If you would like to utilize the 500 yen discount ticket, you must contact our staff prior to your arrival at email@example.com, as space is limited.
Please use the following coin parking lot that is located 2 minutes walk away from SAIK.
・MEITETSU KYOSHO PARKINGS No. 6
2-3-3 Nomachi, Kanazawa 921-8031
- How do I get to the house by taxi?
We will include Japanese instructions to show your taxi driver in your reservation confirmation e-mail.
Should the taxi driver have any issue locating SAIK, please have them call our staff directly at TEL 076-205-3481